– Verlingue has extended its brand coverage to Switzerland and Portugal following a successful launch in the UK
– The three Swiss subsidiaries – Advantis, S&P and Meex – have merged to become Verlingue
– Luso Atlantica, the Portuguese subsidiary, takes on the Verlingue brand name, just six months after its acquisition by the Group
Verlingue, the Adelaïde Group’s insurance brokerage subsidiary, which has operations in France, the UK, Switzerland and Portugal, reasserts its objective of becoming a leading European broker by establishing its brand in Europe.
After the successful launch of the brand in the United Kingdom in December 2019, the subsidiaries in Switzerland and Portugal will now officially adopt the Verlingue brand as of Monday 14 June 2021.
Verlingue has been present in Switzerland since 2016, following the successive acquisitions of Advantis, S&P and Meex, which employ a total of 120 staff. The merger of these three entities is now complete, creating the third largest insurance broker in Switzerland.
In Portugal, Verlingue acquired the broking firm Luso Atlantica in December 2020. The management of Luso Atlantica decided to accelerate the subsidiary’s integration in the brand for the benefit of its 100 employees and its clients.
The extension of the Verlingue brand is one of the key objectives for Europe set out in the Verlingue 2024 strategic plan :
– Establish a major independent European insurance broker in the field of business risk management, which is regarded as a benchmark in terms of professionalism and customer service by its clients, employees and the other players in the market
– Triple international sales, through organic growth in its current subsidiaries and through strategic acquisitions
– Establish offices in the main business centres in Western Europe
In addition to having 24 offices of its own, Verlingue also draws on WBN, the leading international network of independent brokers, to provide its services to companies throughout the world.
Marco Buholzer, Managing Director of Verlingue Switzerland, believes that the new company’s size has many advantages: “Our clients will benefit from our broader presence, our strong positioning in the insurance market and from the acceleration of digital support for our services.”
José Morgado, Board member of Verlingue Portugal: “The launch of the Verlingue brand in the Portuguese market is a great opportunity for our development, and therefore beneficial for all our clients and employees. We are in a strong position to be able to enhance our offers through high quality service. At the same time, this will support Verlingue’s ambitious growth strategy in Europe.”
Benjamin Verlingue, Director of Verlingue’s International Subsidiaries: “We are extremely proud and excited about the rebranding and integration of our Swiss and Portuguese subsidiaries, underlining their great faith in the Verlingue project. This new step will enable us to capitalise on our shared values and the strength of the Verlingue brand, for the benefit of all our clients. The positive feedback from our latest operations has further reinforced our desire to accelerate our development in Portugal, and in Europe as whole.“
Press contact: Gwénola Jutel – firstname.lastname@example.org – +33 (0)2 98 76 44 06 /+33 (0)6 43 44 96 58